After the festive season, my immune system has taken a plummet, and I am now smothered with a flu. As is half of my family. So what better way to to boost your immune system, than with a nutrient-packed, vegan, oh-so creamy (yet healthy!) broccoli and cauliflower soup. Let the creaminess take over!
- 65g soya butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- half head of broccoli, trimmed and diced
- half head of cauliflower, trimmed and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (if organic, leave the skin on)
- 1 litre veg stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, chopped, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and potato, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower, and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the veg stock, adding a little salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, and leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked.
- Blend with a hand blender or transfer to a blender, blending until smooth or chunky (personal preference).
- If using a blender, return the soup to the saucepan and return to the boil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley, and crusty bread.