Fish cakes can be so lovely. Whether they’re made from salmon, or crab or just white fish. They can become so much more than a fish cake, when served with the right accompaniment. My preference is with a salad. I’m not a lover of heavy dinners, so it is the perfect option for me, and maybe even for you too. The tomatoes are roasted in the mango and vinegar sauce, which give them a little kick. And the lettuce leaves make the dish itself even more refreshing. It’s a perfect lunch, or dinner, after an intense workout.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 4 fish cakes
- A head of lettuce, or a bag of mixed leaves
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 6-8 tbsps mango chutney
- 2-3 tbsps vinegar (adjust to taste)
- For the fish cakes, preheat the oven to the specified temperature.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and the mixed leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix the mango chutney with the vinegar.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in tin foil, in a baking dish, spooning the mango mixture evenly on top.
- 10-15 minutes before the fish cakes will be ready, place the cherry tomatoes in the oven.
- Place a fish cake and a handful of salad leaves on each plate, with 8 cherry tomatoes and some of the sauce drizzled on top.